Six Docrines of ChristMain Texts: Hebrews 6:1-2; Ephesians 2:8
- Repentance from Dead Works
- Faith Toward God
- Doctrine of Baptisms
- Laying On of Hands
- Resurrection of the Dead
- Eternal Judgement
- 1) What are Dead Works?
Singing in the choir, cooking chicken, baking cakes, ushering - anything that you do for the body of Christ or an unbeliever that is not motivated by the Holy Spirit.
- 2) What is Faith Toward God?
God is only moved by our faith in Him. Hebrews: 1-3
Everything we receive from God is by Faith (i.e. Salvation, Baptism in the Holy Ghost, good health, etc.)
- 3) What is the Doctrine of Baptisms?
There are three Baptisms mentions in the scriptures:
- Water Baptism - sometimes called John's Baptism or the Baptism of Repentance
- Fire Baptism - trials, "valley" experience, tribulations; designed to "burn out" flesh desires and selfishness. I Peter 1:7
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost - Baptism of "Joy". Received after the Believer has repented. Enables the Believer to have power for ministry. Acts 1:8, Acts 2:38
- 4) What is the Doctrine of the Laying on of Hands?
This is practiced by Believers to impart spiritual or physical healings, transfer anointing and spiritual gifts. Sin and evil spirits can also be imparted by this method. Deut. 34:9, Acts 6:6-7, Acts 8:17, I Tim 4:14
- 5) What is the Doctrine of the Resurrection of the Dead?
ALL who die in Christ will be resurrected. Physical death has absolutely no power over the sin free body of Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 4:13-18, I Corintians 15:51-58
- 6) What is the Doctrine of Eternal Judgement?
ALL persons who EVER lived will be judged. The Saints of God will be judged at the Judgement Seat of Christ Romans 14:10
The wicked dead will also be judged at the Great White Throne Judgement of God. Revelations 20:11-15
The Lake of Fire is the final reward for the wicked dead who will be held in Hell until death and Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire. Revelations 20:14
Eternal Life with the Lord Jesus is the reward for those who die in Christ. (There will be awars of "crowns" for those who did exemplary works here on earth in His Name. There are 5 crowns mentioned: incorruptiblity, righteousness, life, glory, crown of rejoicing.